Neuthane™ 335 Con - TDI Prepolymer Systems
The Neuthane 335 Con series of TDI based prepolymers cure in combination with Neuthane 30 Con, 40 Con, 50 Con and 60 Con curatives to give highly durable elastomers suitable for mould making.
- a high level of elasticity
- good tear resistance
- good abrasion resistance
- low process temperatures
- good dimensional stability
- Concrete Industry (e.g. moulds for decorative slabs and walls)
- Model making
Processing can be by hand or by dispensing machine
- It is important the ambient curing conditions be at least 20°C.
- Prior to casting please ensure the polyol component is mixed thoroughly as it is a blend.
- Bring all components to the recommended process temperature.
- Add pigments and Antifoam (as applicable) to the polyol component whilst mixing
- Add all components and thoroughly mix ensuring that no unmixed material is left
on the container sides (if necessary the mix can be transferred to a second
clean container and mixed again).
- If a vacuum facility is unavailable please limit the amount of air entrapped
- Cast into moulds, preheated to the recommended temperature
- Cure as recommended
- Avoid moisture contamination of all materials.
- Part used containers should be flushed with dry nitrogen and resealed immediately after use
- It is vital to ensure that the curative component is completely
liquid and thoroughly mixed prior to use
- Due to the exothermic nature of the system larger mixes will
have a shorter pot life
- Allow longer demould times if curing sub ambient
- If cured at room temperature then physicals will develop fully over a 7 day.
- Alternatively a post-cure at 60-70°C for 4-8 hours can be employed.
- Depending upon system hardness and cure conditions the development of physicals may take longer. It is therefore advisable to assesstear strength before using the mouldings.
To view the full width of the table, turn your mobile to landscape.
Neuthane 335 Con - TDI Prepolymer Systems
|Neuthane||30 CON||40 CON||50 CON||60 CON|
|335 Con||by weight||100||100||100||200|
|Curative, Con Series||by weight||200||150||100||100|
|Resin Temperature||°C||20 - 25||20 - 25||20 - 25||20 - 25|
|Curative Temperature||°C||20 - 25||20 - 25||20 - 25||20 - 25|
|Recommended Mould Temperature||°C||20 - 25||20 - 25||20 - 25||20 - 25|
|Viscosity @ 25°C||Resin
|Pot life (on a 500g mix)||minutes||15 - 20||15 - 20||15 - 20||15 - 20|
|Recommended Cure Temperature / Days||°C / Days||25 / 7||25 / 7||25 / 7||25 / 7|
|Demould Cure Time||Hours||24||24||24||24|
|Hardness||DIN 2240-91||Shore A||30-35||40-45||50-55||60-65|
|100% Modulus||BS 903 Pt A2 - ISO 37||lb/in²
|300% Modulus||BS 903 Pt A2 - ISO 37||lb/in²
|Tensile Strength||BS 903 Pt A2 - ISO 37||lb/in²
|Elongation at Break||BS 903 Pt A2 - ISO 37||%||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|Tear Strength||BS 903 Pt A3 - ISO 34-1||lb/in
|Trouser Tear||BS 903 Pt A3 - ISO 34-1||KN/m||5.0||6.8||8.5||10.0|
|Compression Set||BS903 Pt A6 - ISO 815||KN/m||-||-||-||-|
|Abrasion loss||DIN 53516||mm³||-||-||-||-|
|Resilience||ASTM D 2632-92||%||-||-||-||-|
Information contained in the data is, to the best of our knowledge, true and accurate. Since conditions of use are beyond our control, no warranty is given or implied in respect of any recommendations or suggestions made by ourselves, nor is freedom from patent infringement inferredv3